Issue : User goes to New -> Server -> Apache -> Tomcat v<version> Server ,in the console of eclipse to create a server instance in eclipse,but gets message "Cannot create a server using the selected type"as shown in below screenshot ,so user could not proceed with server definition.
Solution : Try one or all of following
1) Go to Window–>Preferences–>Server–>Runtime Environments->Edit and correct path to the tomcat directory.
2) Go to your workspace folder.You can find path to your workspace by going to File-> Switch Workspace->Other.
3) Now Go to following directory <workspace folder>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings
4) Delete org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core.prefs
5) Delete org.eclipse.wst.server.core.prefs
6) Restart Eclipse.
Thanks for reading.
Share it people for whom you find this info useful.