How to prepare for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification

Hello Friends,

In this post, I would share how I prepared for AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification, which should help you as well in your preparation.

Here are the steps :

- Get a Free tier AWS account.

  - Go through AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Official Study guide
and do hands-on practice via AWS console.

- Go through Eissa A.'s Udemy course, wherever there are gaps in understanding

- Go through Ryan's exam tips at the end of each lecture


- Take Mock tests from Jon Bonso


It took me an average of 3 hours a day for around 2 months to prepare.
Apart from the above resources, I went through a few AWS White papers and FAQs for
VPC, S3, Route 53, DynamoDB, RDS.


AWS White papers link :

https://aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/?whitepapers-main.sort-by=item.additionalFields.
sortDate&whitepapers-main.sort-order=desc

AWS Services FAQs link:


Few FAQs about this certification.

Which online course should I take?

There are lots of courses available on Udemy alone. You can see the bestseller and choose the course. I took Ryan and Eissa' courses and I think if you have quite a lot of experience then you can go for Ryan's course because he explains things, to the point and quickly, but if you have limited experience with AWS, I would suggest Eissa's course because he explains things in much detail but you need to patient as well for that. For me, It was kind of a mix, such that I went through Ryan's course completely and went through Eissa's lectures wherever I felt there were gaps left in understanding. Also during the end stage of my preparation, I came across youtube videos from knowledge India and those are also a very good source.

Which mock tests should I take?

Again, there are a lot of options. I will talk about the mock tests I took. So I chose Jon Bonso and Whizlab and I believe both are very good in terms of giving you a feel about the real exam and testing your knowledge. Also, I feel, the difficulty level of these mock tests is on par with the actual exam. And alsoanother thing I would like to mention is, these mock tests are not dumps so that you will getquestions in the exam from these dumps. These mock tests are only to help you test your knowledge and depending upon the results of the mock tests, you can prepare on the topic(s) where you are getting a lower score.

Are there any labs which they ask to do in the exam?

No, all questions are multiple choice questions with four options. There can be multiple correct answers as well to some of the questions.

Few Other helpful links :

AWS Services health dashboard link :


AWS Policy Simulator link:


AWS documentation link:


If you have any further queries, please feel free to post your queries in the comments section or ping me separately on LinkedIn.